All over the USA (and the world…!) PFC campers, counselors and alumni are wearing BLUE & GOLD. That’s pretty cool!
We’re into it, but, feel free to wear your PFC gear everyday!
On this Veteran’s Day we recognized with gratitude our own Pine Forest Camp Director, Marvin Black. Uncle Marvin, now 89, served in the US Navy in WWII and participated in the invasion of Okinawa in the South Pacific. He was a radioman on a landing craft that brought US Marines to the beaches during this crucial battle.
Many PFC counselors also served during WWII and in other conflicts. Uncle Marv remembers thinking of his parents and family back at Pine Forest Camp during the war. Although Uncle Marv said that he was homesick when he headed off to war, he took comfort in knowing that they were safe and sound back at camp in Greeley, Pa. He returned after the war to a hero’s welcome at camp and in his hometown of Upper Darby, Pa. Yesterday, Uncle Marvin and many other veterans were celebrated in a Veteran’s Day Parade. Uncle Marvin served our country with courage and valor and will forever be a bright, shining star in our proud Pine Forest Camp legacy. We salute you Uncle Marv!
Congratulations to our very own Program Director, Jess Chadwin, on her induction into the Germantown Academy Sports Hall of Fame!
Jess is the daughter of Sherrea (former Girls Head Counselor) & Steve ‘Chad’ Chadwin (current Athletic Director) and spent many many summers as a camper at Pine Forest. We’re so lucky & happy to have her as part of the PFC leadership team!
Way to go, Jess! YOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Summer 2014 Camp Reunion Reminders!
This Sunday, November 2, 2014
***REMEMBER: FALL BACK!***
***Daylight Savings Time ends in the early morning on the day of the reunion, so set your clock back!
3320-24 Route 38
Mt. Laurel, New Jersey 08054
Though parents are welcome, of course, they do not need to stay!
Looking forward to seeing your happy campers soon!
***Camp provides buses from Westchester, Livingston and MD! Call the camp office for more info! First come, first served!
Here are some fun facts about the Pine Forest Camp reunion over the years…
– In addition to parent drop-off, campers are coming by bus from: Maryland, Livingston and Westchester. Do you know of another camp that does that!?
– One year, we had a camper come all the way from Caracas, Venezuela (Note: camp did not provide the plane…).
– Over the years we’ve had our reunion at some pretty interesting locations: The Bellevue-Stratford Hotel, The Marriot Hotel (on City Line Ave.), Hard Rock Cafe, Planet Hollywood, Dick Clark’s American Bandstand, WXPN World Cafe Live and even at camp!
– The reunion was once at the Benjamin Franklin Hotel, featured in the movie, Silver Lining Playbook.
– Reunions used to be 5 hours long. What were they thinking!?
– Over the years, our reunion gifts have been: frisbees, yo-yos, book covers, flashlights, rulers. What will is be this year!?! Let’s just say, we’re keeping the ‘door open’…
– There used to be a lot speeches. Like, too many. Now it’s just fun & friends.
– We’re changing the location next year! This will be our last reunion at the Funplex! It’s crazy, noisy and fun! Any suggestions for next year!?
(80th reunion at camp).
Keep the summer alive, all year long!
1) Keep in touch with camp friends! Call, text, email!
2) Login to Mom & Dad’s ‘MY PFC’ account and look at pics from this past summer!
3) Come to the 2014 reunion! Nov. 2, 10a-12p @ The Funplex in Mt. Laurel, NJ.
4) Read the blog and check for PFC events in your area!
5) Watch videos on the PFC Vimeo page! https://vimeo.com/pineforestcamp
6) Wear your PFC gear! 5K, Hughie Black, PFC Official…it all works! Take a pic and tag us!
7) Follow PFC on Instagram – @pineforestcamp – Use #PFC2015