Another Visiting Day in the books! We had the best time visiting with our camp parents yesterday. Pine Forest Camp’s Summer 2019 Visiting Day was a success! Parents gushed over their camper’s official bunk photos, swam in the pools, tackled the Wibits at the lake, and even enjoyed a snippet of this year’s production of Matilda at Netsy Playhouse! The warmth we felt wasn’t even weather-related, it was the warmth from our camp families joining us “Up Where the Sky Begins!” We already can’t wait for Visiting Day 2020. We hope to see you there! Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Good morning from “Up Where the Sky Begins!”
We have had beautiful, mild weather all summer, but Saturday will be a scorcher. The forecast is for record-breaking heat. Please notify any family members (Grandparents in particular!) who might have difficulty in extreme weather.
In preparation for a happy-but-hot day, here are a few notes:
– Additional water stations with bottled water and ice will be located at all tents, at the pools and the lake. Please carry water with you!
– We have arranged a Lake Shuttle Bus back and forth throughout the day.
– The dining room is air conditioned.
– There will be cooler areas with tables and chairs under the large tents and in the picnic grove.
– After you enjoy your lunch in the dining room, the shaded grove or under the tents, please make room for other families to share these cooler spaces, too.
– Please do not linger in cabins. They have fans and a nice cross breeze but are built to comfortably accommodate a finite number of children, not large numbers of adults at one time. They will get very warm, very quickly if we crowd them.
– Please stay hydrated! Stay cool! (Consider bringing a bathing suit, both pools will be open!)
-Bring smiles, hugs and love from home.
We can’t wait to see you, no matter the weather!
The tent is officially up, which means Visiting Day is THIS WEEKEND!
We can’t wait to see you on Visiting Day: Saturday, July 20th! It’s getting close! It’s been a great summer so far, and we’re excited for you to experience camp in action! Come one, come all! Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins – all are welcome!
Visiting Day Schedule
11:30 AM – 3:00 PM: Visiting and lunch, activities and pool open.
1:00 PM – 2:30 PM: Enjoy camp in action!
Selected activities and open demonstrations.
2:00 PM: 10 Year Tree Ceremony
3:00 PM: Camper good-byes and departure
Visiting Day Guidelines
– No pets, please.
– No nuts or food containing nuts.
– Please just bring enough food for one day. We love friends, but not the furry kind in the bunks.
– No counselor gratuities. A handshake and a good ol’ fashioned ‘Thank You’ goes a long way.
– No bunk apparel or gifts, please! You’ve already given your child the gift of camp!
– Camper cell phones collected at camp will not be returned on Visiting Day. Campers will get them on the buses home.
– Our Dining Room will not open until 11:30 AM, when Visiting Day begins. No reservations. No saving tables, please.
What you can bring!
– Grandma’s world-class, nut-free chocolate chip cookies
Early 2020 Registration Now Open!
Save a spot for 2020 at our most discounted rate (and save $755!) by registering between now and Visiting Day only.
Remember, deposits are fully refundable through February 1, 2020. In addition to the savings, we also have a special Visiting Day gift for registered families under the tent!
Last night at Netsy Playhouse, the whole camp gathered to watch Pine Forest Camp’s very own, “Matilda.” The cast and crew worked day in and day out on the production and they did not disappoint! The actors and actresses were prepared, the songs were sung beautifully, and the crowd cheered, sad when it was over. Even our camp families tuned into the live stream! We already can’t wait for the next show, we hear it’s going to be “the greatest.”
This morning, our dance teams competed at a nearby camp against other camps in the area! The girls wore creative costumes, danced their hearts out, and were some of the BEST in their age groups!
We couldn’t have been more well-represented!
Let the Games Begin!
Stanford! Michigan! Texas! Wisconsin!
Tonight we held the opening ceremonies for College Day 2019. Campers and their high-energy leaders were decked out in college colors and were hootin’ and hollerin’ as they cheered each other on! First there was the solemn opening ceremony with a flaming Olympic torch and pledge. This was followed by some rousing competition.
It all ended tonight in an intense flaming rope-burning contest on Mitchell Field. Tomorrow it’s all day track and field competition, swim meets and an all-camp Steeplechase.
Let the college spirit soar! Let the fun and games begin!
Are you following us on Facebook? Click the logo below to follow Pine Forest Camp and tune into our review of Week 2 “Up Where the Sky Begins!”
A Day in the Life at PFC for future campers!
It’s our first future camper day at camp! Future campers came from far and wide to see PFC in action. It was a beautiful day with lots going on. Our Explorers arrived mid-morning and stayed busy all day long meeting campers, counselors and participating in activities. They head down to the lake, up to arts and crafts and on the courts and fields for athletics. The best part? The rain held out for most of the day and our future campers are heading to Lee’s Rink for a campfire! For those families who are looking to sign up for 2020 or 2021, our Explorer program a great way to experience one of America’s great camps in action.
All eyes were on the competitors, you could hear a pin drop. It was an intense, graceful, exquisite gymnastics competition. Today, campers competed in a multi-camp gymnastics meet. Tumbling, bars, vaulting, beam and more. Judges watched closely and graded each performance carefully. Thank you, Traci, and our amazing gymnastics staff for a very professional and exciting event.