Here are some fun facts about the Pine Forest Camp reunion over the years…
– In addition to parent drop-off, campers are coming by bus from: Maryland, Livingston and Westchester. Do you know of another camp that does that!?
– One year, we had a camper come all the way from Caracas, Venezuela (Note: camp did not provide the plane…).
– Over the years we’ve had our reunion at some pretty interesting locations: The Bellevue-Stratford Hotel, The Marriot Hotel (on City Line Ave.), Hard Rock Cafe, Planet Hollywood, Dick Clark’s American Bandstand, WXPN World Cafe Live and even at camp!
– The reunion was once at the Benjamin Franklin Hotel, featured in the movie, Silver Lining Playbook.
– Reunions used to be 5 hours long. What were they thinking!?
– Over the years, our reunion gifts have been: frisbees, yo-yos, book covers, flashlights, rulers. What will is be this year!?! Let’s just say, we’re keeping the ‘door open’…
– There used to be a lot speeches. Like, too many. Now it’s just fun & friends.
– We’re changing the location next year! This will be our last reunion at the Funplex! It’s crazy, noisy and fun! Any suggestions for next year!?
SEE YOU ON NOVEMBER 2nd at THE FUNPLEX in MT. LAUREL, NJ.
(80th reunion at camp).