Today was the morning our campers have been training for all summer. This morning we held the 2019 CAMPER SCAMPER! Campers from Pine Forest, and our sister and brother camps, Camp Timber Tops and Lake Owego Camp, ran as fast as they could through the hills of camp. Campers cheered on their friends from the sidelines, handing out cups of water and encouragement. Even some of our key staff joined in!
Mickey’s book club is growing! By popular demand, we’re beginning a second book this summer: Squirm by Carl Hiaasen! We have more campers than ever before joining the club and spreading the joy of summer reading. Campers are looking forward to reading about outdoor adventure and protecting the environment…two of Mickey’s favorite things!
Our upper camp campers returned home to Greeley, PA last night, all smiles. Our 11th graders arrived first, back from Boston, having visited Tufts, BU, and Northeastern (and their old stomping grounds from the 9th grade trip). The 7th graders were next to come home, sharing stories from the Adirondacks and how great their first overnight trip out of camp was! Not long after, at 10:15 PM on the dot, ALL of the other buses we were waiting for rolled in! We’re back to our regularly scheduled programing, but can’t get enough of the stories.
It’s “Kindness Day” up here in Greeley! Our Inter + Junior girls are spreading kindness throughout Pine Forest to everyone! Sending special notes and gifts to our Health Center, the front office, the kitchen crew, our activity heads, Directors, our trusty maintenance men… all of the people that make camp run as smoothly as soy nut butter!
Another Visiting Day in the books! We had the best time visiting with our camp parents yesterday. Pine Forest Camp’s Summer 2019 Visiting Day was a success! Parents gushed over their camper’s official bunk photos, swam in the pools, tackled the Wibits at the lake, and even enjoyed a snippet of this year’s production of Matilda at Netsy Playhouse! The warmth we felt wasn’t even weather-related, it was the warmth from our camp families joining us “Up Where the Sky Begins!” We already can’t wait for Visiting Day 2020. We hope to see you there! Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
We have had beautiful, mild weather all summer, but Saturday will be a scorcher. The forecast is for record-breaking heat. Please notify any family members (Grandparents in particular!) who might have difficulty in extreme weather.
– We have arranged a Lake Shuttle Bus back and forth throughout the day.
– The dining room is air conditioned.
– Please do not linger in cabins. They have fans and a nice cross breeze but are built to comfortably accommodate a finite number of children, not large numbers of adults at one time. They will get very warm, very quickly if we crowd them.
– Please stay hydrated! Stay cool! (Consider bringing a bathing suit, both pools will be open!)
-Bring smiles, hugs and love from home.
The tent is officially up, which means Visiting Day is THIS WEEKEND!
We can’t wait to see you on Visiting Day: Saturday, July 20th! It’s getting close! It’s been a great summer so far, and we’re excited for you to experience camp in action! Come one, come all! Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins – all are welcome!
Visiting Day Schedule
11:30 AM – 3:00 PM: Visiting and lunch, activities and pool open.
1:00 PM – 2:30 PM: Enjoy camp in action!
Selected activities and open demonstrations.
2:00 PM: 10 Year Tree Ceremony
3:00 PM: Camper good-byes and departure
Visiting Day Guidelines
– No nuts or food containing nuts.
– Please just bring enough food for one day. We love friends, but not the furry kind in the bunks.
– No counselor gratuities. A handshake and a good ol’ fashioned ‘Thank You’ goes a long way.
– No bunk apparel or gifts, please! You’ve already given your child the gift of camp!
– Camper cell phones collected at camp will not be returned on Visiting Day. Campers will get them on the buses home.
– Our Dining Room will not open until 11:30 AM, when Visiting Day begins. No reservations. No saving tables, please.
– Grandma’s world-class, nut-free chocolate chip cookies
Last night at Netsy Playhouse, the whole camp gathered to watch Pine Forest Camp’s very own, “Matilda.” The cast and crew worked day in and day out on the production and they did not disappoint! The actors and actresses were prepared, the songs were sung beautifully, and the crowd cheered, sad when it was over. Even our camp families tuned into the live stream! We already can’t wait for the next show, we hear it’s going to be “the greatest.”
It’s show time at Netsy Theater!
at Pine Forest Camp in Greeley, PA on Sunday, July 14th, 2019
You are invited to watch LIVE the “Matilda” performance tomorrow night!
The curtain goes up at 8:00 PM EST.
Enjoy the show!