This #flashbackfriday, we’re reflecting on how awesome Kindness Day was on Wednesday. The highlight of the day was our 1st Annual Pay It Forward Scavenger Hunt! Our campers worked together doing different team-building activities at all 28 stations of the scavenger hunt. Each station had a clue to the next. See below for an example!
OBJECTIVE: Work together and use the bed sheet to shoot the basketball and make a basket. Have each person in your group grab an end of the bed sheet and hold it with BOTH hands.
- Everyone needs to hold the bedsheet with 2 hands.
- Place the basketball in the middle.
- Now shoot.
- You can stand from anywhere.
- You have about 3-4 mins to make a basket.
- Start your timer NOW!
- YOU CAN DO IT! WORK TOGETHER!
- But if you don’t make a basket with the sheet, no worries. Have your coach make a shot on the way out and cheer them on!
Some examples of acts of kindness are the creation of a banner for our kitchen staff that has messages of thanks written all over it, picking up trash around camp, taking a moment to appreciate the nature around us by hugging a tree, cheering on other campers, and hand-delivering flowers made out of pipe cleaners to our amazing office staff. Our campers are the BEST!